Hyper Text Narrative

My Journey in Political Science.

My Journey in Political Science.

A hypertext narrative by

Laury-Ann Lucca

Created with

The Virtual Writing Tutor Grammar Checker

Next

My Journey in Political Science.

University choices.

This January, I am starting my first year as a university student! I have been dreaming of this moment for quite a long time now. It is probably because my parents never have a chance like this and I want to make them proud while getting the education they always wished for me. Since I have a passion for Political Science, I will be signing up in this program. More specifically, I want to do a certificate to start, to figure out if it interests me and if I should apply to the programme, which is more intense, or change field. The only thing is, I am not sure yet where I want to apply and I have a small budget, so I have chosen one and hope for the best.

Choice 1 : Shoot my shot for McGill University knowing my grades are maybe not enough.

Choice 2 : Apply to Ottawa University knowing my uncle could help me.

University X

Shoot my shot for McGill University knowing my grades are maybe not enough.

My grades are pretty good and I heard that McGill University have great programs with interesting internships. So, I apply there. I guess being confident was a good choice because I got accepted! Anyway, I wouldn't have felt proud to inter Ottawa University knowing that it isn't because of my talent, but because I would have kind of cheat. All I have to do now, is choose the courses I am going to follow this year in my Art and Science program.

Choice 1 : Procrastinate and do my courses choices latter.

Choice 2 : Sign up for my courses the same day the website allow us to do it.

Apply to Ottawa University knowing my uncle could help me.

I know I have good grades, but do I really want to take the chance not to be accepted into McGill University? Plus, I don't consider accepting the help of my uncle to enter Ottawa University, without having to pass any exams or interviews, cheating. I call it smart and an opportunity of a lifetime. Just like that, I am now a proud student of Ottawa University in Political Science.

Choice 1 : I work hard even under all the pressure I feel.

Choice 2 : I am drowning under the pressure.

Procrastinate and do my courses choices latter.

I am usually pretty well organize, but it has been a rough week at work and because of that, I kind of procrastinate a little bit before applying for my courses choices. I waited three days before doing it, just to realize that all the class related to Political Science that I desired to follow are full. Not one place left! It is hard to accept that next semester I won't start in the path I have planned for so long. What is going to happen to me next? What should I do?

Choice 1 : Keep an open mind and choose something else that interest me.

Choice 2 : Look for a job instead.

Sign up for my courses the same day the website allow us to do it.

Because I am usually pretty well organize, I am ready to choose the classes I want to take the same night the website allow us to do it. Several days latter, I received an email confirming that my choices have been accepted and that I was starting university the next month. My classes seem very interesting. The one I am the most excited about is public leadership credential.This morning, I told Carly my best friend about it, and she got a little bit jealous because there were no place left in this class when she applied. My family, in the other hand, are very happy for me.

Choice 1 :

Keep an open mind and choose something else that interest me.

Even tho this situation is not ideal, I decide to make the best of it and to keep an open mind. After all, learning new things can always become useful. I choose communication courses in the hope to have good grades and still go into Political Science program. Also, communication skills could become pretty handy if I choose to work with the public in my political career. Or, maybe I could like it so much more and decide to change my initial plan who knows.

Write a choice here.

Look for a job instead.

The situation made me so mad that I just decided to drop out of school and start again next years. If I enter university, it has to be perfect. In the meantime, I will look for a job and accept any interview I can get. I will probably need an on the job training, so I become more useful and efficient for the business. With all this money and now that I know not to procrastinate, university should be an even better experience than I planned.

Choice 1 : University choices.

I work hard even under all the pressure I feel.

Even if the pressure from my family is a bit much to handle, I manage to keep my focus and have good grades. The thing is, because I kind of cheated to enter this school, I have to be the best. That way, I can still take a little bit of the credits for my achievements. My hard work paid off because my school offered me a paid internship this summer. The only thing is, I promise my little sister to go camp with her like we do every year.

Choice 1 : Go Spent the summer with Carly.

Choice 2 : Do my internship.

I am drowning under the pressure.

After some time, the pressure I feel from my family and my difficulty to complete all the assignments in time just got the best of me. I made the decision to let go of school for some time and focus on me. While travelling, maybe I will make a circle of contacts that could become useful in my future career, who knows.

Write a choice here.

Spent the summer with my little sister.

In my opinion, family should always come first. I can do my internship later when I finish my program. For now, I could use a break anyway from the stress and the pressure I feel. I will come back to school with a new boost of energy, so that I can finish university with straight A's.

Write a choice here.

Do my internship.

This is a chance of a lifetime, and I am sure my sister will understand. Being an apprentice, even if it is just for a temporary position, is pure work experience that could determine or not if I still have an interest in that field after the real-life experience. Plus, I could create a professional network, which is supper helpful if I need any letters of recommendation or lead for a future employment. It is going to be such a great experience!

Write a choice here.

Comments

Popular Posts