Screencast of the VirtualWritingTutor.com




 

 

A Screen Casts of the VirtualWritingTutors.com

Introduction

Welcome everyone, my name is Laury-Ann. Today I am going to present to you an online grammar checker for free.

The Problem

I am currently starting my fourth semester in Social Science at cegep Montmorency. I am still unsure about what path I will choose for university, but what I do know, is that I want it to be something that lead to an international job.

That said, my English is far from perfect yet, even thought it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.

The Quest

The virtualWritingtutor.com is one of the tools that help me a lot with my English homework, but it could be useful in the day to day life too. Let me show you how it works.

The Solution

First, you have to search for the website by writing in a new tab of the browser you are using VirtualWritingTutor.com.
When you arrived on the web page, you can see the logo of the website at the top of the screen.
In the top right corner, there are different options if you wish to share the text you are writing. You can share on Facebook for example, but also LinkedIn, a more professional website.
Under the sharing options, you have a navigation menu, in which you can find the link to login in the right-hand side. As you can see, you have a lot of different options offered to you. If we drop down the menu with the word Writing tools for example, a list with more options appear. You can also access to forum people share, create games, etc.
The middle of the screen, as you can see, is dedicated to the text area. Upon it, you have a description of all you can do with what you are about to write...
If I write a sentence, lets say, Social Science is a field of study that explore different disciplines. I put mistakes on purpose to show you how it works. Upon your text, you can check you grammar...
Under your text, you have other useful tools. For example, you can practice your pronunciation and confirm with the virtual tutor that you say the words the right way.
Now let say that I want to correct my grammatical error. I click on the tab and all the error detected by the virtual tutor appears under the text area. You have a possible explanation for your mistakes and a proposition to replace and correct it.
An other interesting tool to use is the tab; check vocabulary. If you click on it and you scroll the page, you will see the level of difficulty of the words you are using. You can click on show details and you will see the words that go to each academic profile. If you scroll a little further, there is a Field Related Vocabulary that can also be pretty handy.
As you can see, we only scratch the surface of all the possibilities this website have to offer. I encourage you too explore it on your own.

The Conclusion

So that's about it. Thank you for watching, I hope this website will help you as much as it helps me. Good luck!

**************************************************************

Statistics

Word count: 533

Total MP3 length: 03:11

Target structure count: 6

Error count: 3

Error density: 1%

Comments

Popular Posts